This guide will walk you through how to perform a WiFi speed test if the apps on your NoblePro E8i screen seem to be slow to respond/crash when connected to the internet.
A speed test is helpful to do once you have already tried the following:
- Forget your WiFi network on the treadmill by clicking on the Wifi icon
- Reset WiFi router by completing a factory reset of the router
- Check that the router allows 2.4Ghz connections
- Undertake a Reinstall of the E8i software (guide here)
If none of the options above solved the issues you are finding, we recommend doing a speed test directly from your E8i screen.
How to perform a speed test
2. Open Google Chrome from Apps from the Home Screen and then follow the steps below:
1. Type into Google search, “Speed Test”
2. Click the blue button that says “Run Speed Test”
3. Download speed refers to how many Mbps (megabits of data per second) it takes to download data e.g. videos, from a server to your device. On your E8i treadmill, listening to music on Spotify or streaming videos on Netflix all require you to download data.
4. Upload speed refers to how fast you can send information from your E8i treadmill to another device.
5. The Speed Test will inform you of the quality of the connection. If the speed is poor, we would recommend purchasing a WiFi booster or powerline adaptor to boost the connection speed.